Smoked Sausage Cheese Bread with Spicy Herb Dip & Baby Kale
- 2¼ cups sour tapioca starch
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz. cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. chopped Smithfield Smoked Sausage
- Baby kale
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Maldon salt, to taste
Spicy Herb Dip
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. Maldon salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Aleppo chili flakes
- Combine tapioca starch, salt, baking powder, milk, butter and eggs, and knead until combined.
- Add cheeses and sausage to dough.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and make an indent in each ball with your finger.
- Bake cheese bread for 15 minutes.
- Serve smoked sausage cheese bread with Spicy Herb Dip (recipe follows) and baby kale tossed with olive oil and Maldon salt.
Spicy Herb Dip:
- Combine ingredients.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.