Soy Ginger Glazed Boneless Ham Steakettes
Soy Ginger Glaze
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh grated ginger
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ¼ cup sambal chili paste
- 2 ½ cups low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup barley malt syrup or Agave syrup
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup minced scallions
Boneless Ham-Eye Pork Chops
- 8-12 Ham Steakettes
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt & pepper Mix on each side
- 1 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 – 1 ½ cups Soy-Ginger Glaze
- 12 cups Steamed Jasmine Rice
- 16 pieces seared & roasted Baby Bok Choy
- Sesame Oil & Salt to taste
- Soy Ginger Glaze: Sweat ginger and garlic with canola oil. Add Sambal, soy sauce, barley malt syrup, honey and scallions and bring to a simmer. Blend with burr mixer. Chill to 40 degrees.
- Pinch salt & pepper lightly on steakettes. Rub approximately 1 tbsp. of glaze on each chop.
- Sear in a hot, heavy bottom skillet on both sides before applying more Soy-Ginger glaze. Continue to sear to a brown and black color at edges.
- Finish with more glaze and place in hot oven to finish cooking for an extra 4 to 5 minutes as needed.
- To cook bok choy, cut baby bok choy with stem in halves or quarters. Season with sesame oil and salt and sear in canola oil. Place in low oven till tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve steakettes with steamed rice and seared roasted Baby Bok Choy. Drizzle Soy-Ginger Glaze over each chop and on plate.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.