Spanish Pulled Pork with Romesco and Scallions
- 2 bunches scallions
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Curly’s by Smithfield® Smoked Pulled Pork
- 4 ciabatta sandwich squares
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 oz whole almonds
- ½ lb roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces sherry vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Trim tops and root bottoms from scallions. Slice in half, separating white and green portion. Toss them in 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt.
- Place on preheated grill until tender and well browned. Set aside.
- For Romesco Sauce, toss almonds with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt. Toast in a 350°F oven for approximately 10 minutes, shaking frequently.
- Place almonds inside blender with roasted red peppers and sherry vinegar. Blend slowly, drizzling in ½ cup olive oil while blender is running. Add salt.
- Reserve ½ cup Romesco Sauce, and toss pulled pork with remaining sauce. Place in pot or baking dish, and heat in a 350°F oven until pork is heated through.
- To assemble, slice ciabatta squares in half lengthwise, and toast. Place one-fourth of pork on each square, and top each with one-fourth of grilled scallions.
- Divide reserved sauce among sandwiches as final layer before placing top on sandwich.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.