Sweet-Heat Pork Belly
- 2-in. piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped in half
- 1 Tbsp. caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. pork belly
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 cups rice, cooked
- 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt and of pepper
- 2-in. piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste
Dish Type:Side Dish
- In small bowl, combine ginger, garlic, sugar salt and pepper, and mix until combined. Rub mixture on pork belly on all sides.
- Place pork belly into smoker or oven at 250°F for 4 to 5 hours, until internal temperature is 205°F.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Next day: Chop pork belly into bite-sized chunks. Add vegetable oil to frying pan, and heat on high until hot. Add pork belly, frying on high heat until pork starts to turn golden.
- Combine Glaze ingredients and pour over pork belly, and continue to cook until pork looks dark and sticky.
- Remove from heat and serve alongside white rice, garnished with green onions.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.