Sweet Potato Poutine Bowl
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch sticks
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- ½ pound finely chopped Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups ham stock
- 8 oz Smithfield Diced Ham
- 6 oz Gruyère cheese
- 2 oz sliced green onion
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Entrée
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and cornstarch. Put on lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping sweet potatoes halfway through.
- Sprinkle finished sweet potato fries with salt, and set aside.
- In saucepan, cook chopped bacon over medium heat. Once bacon is cooked, add butter, and melt down. Whisk in flour, and cook for 2 minutes, continuously whisking. Slowly whisk in ham stock, and cook mixture 8 to 10 minutes over low heat until thickened. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Sauté diced ham over medium-high heat until ham gets color.
- To assemble, place sweet potato fries in to-go container, top with bacon gravy, Gruyère cheese and crispy ham. Garnish with green onions.
- In small pot, combine milk and cornstarch, and bring to simmer, whisking.
- Once at simmer, stir in Gruyère cheese and salt, and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in chives, and keep warm until needed.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.