“The Meatz” Breakfast Strudel
- 6 oz Smithfield Power Bites
- 2 Tbsp 80/20 oil blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, small-diced
- 6 large cage-free eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 4 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon, chopped & cooked
- 4 Smithfield Fully Cooked Sausage Patties, cut in half
- 4 oz Smithfield Diced Ham
- 1 10”x15” puff pastry sheet
- Egg wash, as needed
Product:Bacon, Breakfast Sausage Patties, Ham, Power Bites
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss Power Bites in oil, salt and pepper. Place on lined baking sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until desired tenderness. Keep warm.
- Sauté onions and green peppers until tender. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, add eggs and heavy cream. Whisk until fully incorporated. Preheat skillet on medium heat. Add eggs, and scramble.
- Combine potatoes, eggs, cheese, onions, peppers, sausage patties, diced ham and bacon crumbles.
- Place puff pastry sheet down on clean surface. Consider 3 even sections. Make 12 even cuts on each of right and left sections, leaving middle section for ingredients.
- To middle section, evenly spread mixture. Braid dough from right and left sections over center. Brush top and sides with egg wash.
- Place strudel on a lined cookie sheet, and bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow to rest before slicing and serving.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.