White Bean & Kale Soup with Smoked Sausage
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¾ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. Smithfield Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 oz. white wine
- 1 15.5 oz. can navy beans
- 16 oz. chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28-oz. can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ lb. chopped kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat canola oil in Dutch oven or thick-walled pot over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and onions, and sweat until translucent.
- Add garlic, smoked sausage and tomato paste. Cook to slightly caramelize.
- Pour in white wine, and stir to pick up fond on bottom of pot.
- Add navy beans, chicken stock, bay leaves and tomatoes.
- Once soup comes to boil, add kale. Reduce heat, and cook until kale becomes tender, about 10-15 minutes on simmer.
- Remove bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish soup with lemon juice, stir, and serve with grated Parmesan.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.