Bacon Herb Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lb. Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- In medium saucepan, combine quinoa, chicken broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid has absorbed. Refrigerate to chill.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium high heat until crisp. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Once quinoa has chilled, combine with bacon, bacon drippings, and remaining ingredients. Mix well and adjust seasonings if desired.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.