Baja Spiced Boneless Pork Chops with Chipotle-Agave Sauce
- 20 cups fresh shucked raw corn from cob
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup masa harina
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ gallon shredded cabbage
- ½ cup thin sliced red bell or Fresno peppers (no seeds)
- 1 cup lightly chopped cilantro
- ½ cup thin sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup thin sliced radishes
- 1 batch Mexican slaw mix
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil
- ¼ fresh lime juice
- 2 pinches salt & pepper mix
- 1 pinch sugar
Baja Spiced Pork Chops:
- 4- 6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 tsp. Baja Spice per chop:
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. whole black pepper
- 2 to 3 whole dried red chilies(Thai or arbol)
- 1 pinch oregano
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Light oil or canola oil
- Chipotle-Agave Sauce as needed:
- 2 tsp. olive oil blend
- ¼ cups onion, (minced)
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or puree
- ½ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup chipotle peppers in adobo (seeds, removed, chopped very fine)
- ½ cup chicken stock or water as needed
- Corn Pudding: Mix all ingredients in a 4 gallon bowl with burr mixer and blend until well smoothed. Pour 12 oz. mix into buttered baking dish. Bake in 350°F oven (low fan) for 40 minutes or until light golden in color. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, julienne of radish and cilantro.
- Baja Spice: In small skillet, sauté cumin, coriander, pepper and chili over low to medium heat till spices are very warm and just before they begin to give off smoke. Allow spices to cool. In a spice mill (coffee grinder), grind spices to a semi-fine powder (not too fine, not too coarse). Mix in Kosher salt and oregano.
- Chipotle Agave Sauce: In a medium sauce pan, bring oil blend to a smoking point. Add onion and salt, reduce heat and continue cooking until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cumin then add tomatoes, simmer and reduce for 10 minutes on medium heat. Add chipotle and the adobo, agave nectar and reduce another 10 minutes. Shut the heat off, then add chicken stock or water as needed for desired consistency (similar to chili sauce consistency). Transfer to a cooling container and cool until temperature reaches 40°F degrees or below.
- Mexican Slaw: Cut jalapenos in half and remove all seeds, slice in thin ½ moons. (half circles). Slice cabbage crosswise, thin and fluffy. Measure cabbage to lightly packed. Toss all ingredients together. Store slaw mix separate of dressing, toss before serving.
- Boneless Pork Chops: First, trim any excess fat or tough outer silver skin. Season chop with Baja Spice on all sides. Sear chops in a heavy-bottom pan over medium – high heat to a deep brown color on both sides. Place in a 350°F (low fan) oven and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes. Let chop rest for 2 to 5 minutes before slicing crosswise at a bias and transferring to a serving platter fanning out as desired. Ladle some Chipotle-Agave sauce over meat at crown and serve more sauce on side.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.