Banana Bacon French Toast
- 1 ea. large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 slices Brioche or challah bread, 1” thick sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 slices 18/22 Single Slice Applewood Bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. pecans, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mixed berries (or berry of choice)
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt, mix well. Submerge sliced bread into egg batter and allow it to soak up the mixture for 2 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter. Add sliced bananas and sauté until lightly browned, approximately 3 minutes. Add maple syrup and simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a large sauté pan, add remaining tablespoon of unsalted butter and melt over medium high heat. Add coated bread and sauté each side until golden brown. Cook through for 2 minutes on each side.
- To build, layer one slice of toast with sautéed bananas and 3 slices of bacon. Place remaining slice of toast on top followed by a sprinkle of toasted pecans and mixed berries.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.