Black Angus Patty Melt with Bacon-Tomato Jam
- 6 Black Angus Ground Chuck Beef Patties
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sweet and tangy barbecue sauce
- 3 oz unsalted butter
- 12 slices seeded rye bread
- 3 oz Roasted Garlic Mayo (recipe follows)
- 6 oz Bacon-Tomato Jam (recipe follows)
- 12 slices pepper Jack cheese
Roasted Garlic Mayo:
- 1 head garlic
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, shaved
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 strips Fully Cooked Sliced Bacon, chopped fine
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Season beef patty with salt and pepper and cook on griddle until rare.
- Once burger is rare, paint it with barbecue sauce, flip, brush the other side, and let cook until medium rare to medium, glazing one last time when removing it from griddle.
- To build patty melts, butter outside of each slice of bread, place 6 slices of bread, butter-side down, spread on Roasted Garlic Mayo on each, and then place patty, Bacon-Tomato Jam, slices cheese, then more mayo on each, and finally put on the top 6 slices of bread, butter-side up.
- Place sandwich onto griddle and cook until golden brown, flip, and cook until other side is golden brown.
- Serve warm while cheese is still melted.
Roast Garlic Mayo:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Slice top end off garlic head, rub it down with vegetable oil, and wrap
in aluminum foil.
- Place garlic bundle in oven and roast for 2 hours.
- queeze soft garlic cloves out of peels into food processor, and blend into
a paste. Add mayonnaise to the paste, and pulse until well incorporated.
- In pot, sweat onions and garlic in vegetable oil until caramelized.
- Add in tomatoes, red pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Allow sugar and vinegar to cook on low until mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Remove pan from heat, fold in chopped bacon, cool, and reserve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.