BLT Hand Pie
- 4 oz Smithfield Fully Cooked Bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Oil, as needed
- 4 oz baby spinach, rough chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, for scrambling
- 4 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives and/or parsley
- 2 premade pie dough sheets
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, tossed with herbs
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Place bacon on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 350°F for 5 minutes to re-crisp bacon.
- In medium sauté pan, cook garlic in small amount of oil until it is fragrant. Add spinach, salt and pepper.
- In medium sauté pan, gently cook eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper until they are softly scrambled.
- Combine cheese, bacon, spinach, egg and chopped herbs.
- Unroll pie dough sheets, and cut each into 6-inch circle. Brush each pie dough circle with small amount of uncooked egg. Place generous scoop of scrambled egg mixture into center of each hand-pie dough. Fold dough over to create half-moon shape, using fork to crimp flat edge.
- Place hand pies on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush top of hand pies with more egg wash. Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hand pies with fresh tomatoes tossed with herbs.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.