Blueberry and Maple–Glazed Ham
- 1 Smoke’N Fast® All-Natural
Applewood Smoked CarveMaster® Ham
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½” piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Dish Type:Entrée, Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
- Score outside of ham to create diamond pattern, and rub ham with brown sugar.
- Bake in 350°F oven uncovered to an internal temperature of 155°F.
- Over medium heat, sauté garlic and ginger in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients, and bring to light simmer for about 5 minutes to create glaze.
- Puree half of glaze, and combine with remaining glaze. Adjust seasoning.
- When ham reaches 155°F internal temperature, brush outside with some blueberry-maple glaze.
- Carve one-fourth-inch slices, and top with more glaze.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.