Braised Lentils and Bacon and Butternut Squash Puree
- 2 oz. Bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- ½ oz. onion, medium dice
- ½ oz. carrots, medium dice
- ½ oz. celery, medium die
- ½ oz. lentils, rinsed and culled
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. demi-glace
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Butternut squash
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Sweat bacon, shallots and onions together for three to four minutes. Add carrots and celery and continue to cook for several minutes more.
- Add lentils and mix together well, then add chicken stock and demi-glace, bring to gentle simmer and cook until lentils are tender. Reserve.
- Steam squash until tender.
- Puree squash in blender and add stock to a puree consistency. Season to taste. Reserve.
- Pool squash puree in center of plate and center lentils into the middle of the squash for service.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.