- 1-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. garlic
- 1-1/2 cups onion
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups white bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 3 ea. eggs
- 2 cups tomato Sauce
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- In medium sauté pan, over medium/low heat, sauté garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning in oil for 5-8 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze pan with red wine. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate large bowl, combine cubed bread and milk.
- Add cooled tomato and vegetable mixture, ground pork, salt, pepper, and eggs to the bread and milk bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined; take care to not over mix.
- Form into meatball (softball size – 8-oz.)
- In a medium cast iron skillet or a 9 x 9 hotel pan, add tomato sauce and formed meatballs.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.