Breakfast Banh Mi
- ¼ lb Smithfield Ground Pork
- 2 tsp ground dried sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 demi baguette
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce, divided
- ½ small cucumber, cut into strips
- 4 sprigs cilantro
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Mix ground pork in bowl with ground sage, salt and pepper. Form into 2 2-ounce patties.
- Place in nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in bowl with milk, salt and pepper. Melt butter in small nonstick pan. Pour in eggs, and stir frequently until cooked through but not dry.
- Slice demi baguette lengthwise, but not all the way through, to create a hinge on one side.
- Dress baguette with 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. Place scrambled eggs and cucumbers, followed by 2 sausage patties inside bread.
- Top with cilantro and remaining hoisin sauce.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.