Breaded Pork Chops with Fusilli
- 2- 6 oz. Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs, whisked with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan, plus more for topping pasta later
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil, chopped
- 3 cups cooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups Amatriciana sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 lemon, zested, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 oz. pancetta, sliced into1/4 inch strips
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Place egg mixture in a second shallow dish.
- Place breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and basil in a third shallow dish.
- Coat pork in flour, then egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry until pork reaches internal temperature of 145° F.
- Combine Amatriciana Sauce with cooked fusilli pasta and place in oven-proof baking dish.
- Top with more grated Parmesan and bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Render pancetta until crispy and reserve.
- Add red onion and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add crushed red pepper and tomatoes.
- Reduce until thick, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place baked pasta on serving platters and top with sliced pork.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan and lemon zest.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.