Candied Bacon Sweet Potatoes
- 2 (no.10) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 lb. Hickory or Cider House Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish
- Heat convection oven to 400°F. Arrange sweet potatoes in greased 12x20x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar; bring to a boil. Drizzle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon until it just begins to get crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons grease.
- Combine reserved bacon grease, bacon, pecans and remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until brown sugar melts and coats bacon and pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of sweet potatoes; bake an additional 5 minutes.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.