Coffee–Brown Sugar Bacon with Buttermilk Biscuit
- 1 Tbsp. brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 slices Bacon, uncooked
- 1 tsp. ground coffee
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 buttermilk biscuits, sliced in half
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices tomato, 1/4” thick
- 2 eggs, over easy
- 1/4 cup Hot Sauce Aioli (recipe to follow)
Hot Sauce Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted, smashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk to combine
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine brewed coffee with brown sugar to dissolve. Arrange bacon slices on sheet tray (with wire rack if possible) and brush with coffee–brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle bacon with ground coffee and black pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes. (Check after 10 minutes, as all ovens cook differently.)
- To serve: Place cheddar slices on bottom biscuit halves and bake in oven until cheese melts. Top with reserved bacon, tomato, eggs and Hot Sauce Aioli.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.