- 20 Smithfield Smoke’NFast KC Boneless Wings
- 4 large ears fresh corn, shucked (yielding about 4 cups of kernels)
- Vegetable oil, for brushing corn
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup small-diced sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cored, seeded and minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (or ancho or guajillo)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, leaves only, divided
- 2 tsp lime zest (from 1 large lime)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup finely crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
Product:Smoked Chicken Wings
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish
- Turn grill on to high heat.
- Brush corn with vegetable oil, and set corn ears on grill, directly over flame. Give ears a quarter turn every 3 to 4 minutes until kernels are moderately charred (take care, as some kernels may burst).
- Remove from heat, and carefully cut kernels from cobs with sharp knife.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- When butter is hot, add sweet onions, jalapeños and ¼ teaspoon salt, and sauté for a couple of minutes (the onion should not be soft, just slightly crunchy).
- Stir in corn, and let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, stir sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle powder, ½ teaspoon salt, garlic, ¼ cup cilantro, lime zest and juice, and 6 tablespoons Cotija cheese together until blended. Mix in corn.
- Cover with plastic, and refrigerate overnight (or you can use it right away).
- Serve with heated boneless wings.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.