Country Fried Pork Cheeks
- 4 pieces Pork Cheek Meat, fat trimmed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- ¼ tsp. rubbed sage
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Run cheek meat pieces through meat tenderizer 2 times; set aside.
- Combine flour, parsley, garlic pepper, sage and salt in shallow dish. Place beaten eggs and panko crumbs in two other shallow dishes.
- Dredge cheeks through flour, then egg, then panko crumbs pressing to coat well on both sides.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add breaded pork cheeks; cook until browned on both sides and cooked through.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.