Farmer Eggs Benedict
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 lb. Italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp, kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground pepper
- 2 whole lemons, juiced
- 6 Pork Chops
- 2 large green tomatoes, sliced 3/8” thick
- 1 lb. fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup liquid egg with citric acid
- Fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. whole salted butter
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cut to desired thickness
- 2 shallots, julienned
- 2 large duck eggs (substitute: extra-large brown eggs)
- 1 cup rendered pork fat
- For marinade, mix together grapeseed oil, parsley, salt, pepper and fresh lemon juice.
- Debone pork chops, pat dry and then marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill or sear green tomatoes for 3 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- Sauté spinach and apples for 2 minutes. Season and keep warm.
- Simmer small pot of water; place mixing bowl over water.
- For hollandaise, add liquid egg to bowl. Slowly drizzle clarified pork fat and mix with whisk until incorporated.
- Season with fresh lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Remove bowl and add white vinegar.
- Season pork chops and sauté them until cooked through. Keep warm.
- Place 1 pork chop on each plate.
- Place green tomato on top of pork, then sautéed spinach and apple and then poached egg on top.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. pork-fat hollandaise on each.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.