Grilled Al Pastor Porterhouse Chops
- 6 Bone-In Pork Chops
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 whole pineapple
- Salt and pepper to taste
Al Pastor Marinade
- 8 Guajillo peppers
- ¼ white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground thyme
- Reconstitute peppers. Drain water. In a blender, combine all the Al Pastor marinade ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a medium sauce pot, add 2 Tbsp. cooking oil and sauté rice for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
- To make cilantro puree: in a blender, combine ½ cup of water, cilantro and spinach and puree into a thick paste. Once the rice is cooked, stir in the cilantro puree.
- Heat grill to 450° F.
- Peel and slice pineapple into rings.
- Take each pork chop and rub with Al Pastor marinade. (Better if you let sit overnight)
- Place chops on grill and cook 6 minutes on each side or until cooked medium. Grill pineapple rings for 3 minutes each side.
- On six plates, place pork chop and cilantro rice. Add grilled pineapple on top of each pork chop and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.