Grilled Pork “Fiorentina” Cannellini Beans Braised Escarole
Bone-In Pork Chops
- 4 Bone-In Pork Chops
- 8 Tbsp. Italian Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely sliced
- ¼ tsp thyme leaves
- ½ tsp. Italian parsley, no stems, finely chopped
- Kosher or fine grind sea salt to taste
- Fine grind black pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Cannellini beans, dried
- 16 oz. cold water
- ½ Tbsp. Italian Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. yellow onion, peeled and diced (small)
- ¼ tsp. sliced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. thyme leaves, no stem
- 1/8 Tsp. rosemary leaves, no stems
- ¼ tsp. sun-dried tomato, whole
- 1 red finger pepper, split in half; all seeds removed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 16 oz. water
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. carrots, peeled, very small dice (brunoise)
- 1 Tbsp. onions, peeled, very small dice (brunoise)
- 1 Tbsp. celery, peeled, very small dice (brunoise)
- 1 Tbsp. leeks, washed; very small dice (brunoise)
- 1 tsp. garlic cloves, peeled and sliced on bias
- ½ tsp. rosemary leaves, no stems
- ½ Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes, small dice
- 1 head escarole, blanched, rough chop
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, fine grind, to taste
- In a plastic or stainless steel container, combine the Cannellini beans and cold water. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large heavy bottom pot add the olive oil, onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, sun-dried tomatoes, red finger pepper, bay leaves, garlic, water, and drained Cannellini beans.
- Simmer over a low flame. Cook for 2 ½ hours until cooked but still firm. Allow the cannellini beans to cool at room temperature.
- In a large heavy bottom pot, add the olive oil, carrots, onions, celery, leeks, garlic, rosemary and place over a high flame. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a plastic container and cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow the marinating porterhouse chops to sit at room temperature for 2 hours. This will allow the meat to soften and cook evenly.
- Place the room temperature porterhouse chops on a pre-heated grill. Cook until the interior flesh becomes pink.
- Arrange the grilled chops, cannellini beans and braised escarole on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.