Ham Steak with Red Eye Gravy
Red Eye Gravy
- 1 Tbsp. Bacon drippings
- 1 cup coffee
- Add coffee to hot bacon drippings and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
- 5 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 bunches scallions
- Salt and pepper
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Cube sweet potatoes, season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 400° F. degree oven until golden brown and cooked through, 30-45 minutes.
- Slice 4 lbs of Ham into thin steaks.
- Pan sear each ham steak and set aside.
- When ready to serve, garnish ham steak with potatoes, reheated in a sauté pan with 1 Tablespoon oil and fresh scallions, and red eye gravy.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.