HOT AND SPICY SPARE RIBS
- 3 lbs. Spare Ribs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except ribs, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat; close grill hood.
- Grill for 1 1/2 hours and then begin basting with sauce every ten minutes, for 30 more minutes.
- Remove ribs from grill and serve, cutting into serving-size portions. If desired, serve any remaining sauce on the side, bringing it to a boil and boiling gently for 5 minutes.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.