Hunan Spare Ribs
- 2 whole slabs Smithfield Spare Ribs, about 4 pounds total
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Place spare ribs, cutting into serving-sized portions if desired, on a medium-hot grill over indirect heat.
- Close grill hood and grill for 2 hours, until tender. (Add extra charcoal, if necessary, to maintain grill temperature of 325-350°F.)
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining ingredients and baste ribs, turning as necessary to coat all surfaces, during last 30-45 minutes of grilling.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.