Maple Bacon French Toast Sandwich
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slices brioche or white bread
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 eggs
- powdered sugar, to taste
- In small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, and let soak for 1 minute.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Carefully place custard-soaked bread into hot skillet, and fry until golden brown; then flip to cook the other side.
- For Sandwich, place bacon in large skillet over medium heat, and drizzle maple syrup on top. Cook, turning frequently, until crisp and caramelized.
- Wipe skillet clean, and then melt butter over medium heat to fry eggs to desired doneness.
- Transfer 1 slice of French toast to a plate, top with 2 slices of bacon and 2 fried eggs, and place another slice of French toast on top. Top with powdered sugar.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.