Maple-Bacon Waffle with Lingonberry Syrup & Orange-Pecan Butter
- 12 slices Bacon
- Maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- Nonstick spray
- Lingonberry Syrup (recipe to follow)
- 4 small scoops Orange-Pecan Cutter (recipe to follow)
- 1½ cups maple syrup
- ½ cup lingonberries
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 orange, zest and squeeze of juice
DetailsBacon brands offered: Armour by Smithfield, Patrick Cudahy, John Morrell, Farmland, Smithfield Culinary Log Smoked Bacon
- Lay bacon slices on half-sheet tray. Drizzle with maple syrup. Place bacon in 375°F oven until done, flipping slices over once.
- Chop up 4 slices. Set rest aside to serve with waffle.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 1 stick melted butter and eggs; add flour mixture, and mix just until batter is combined. Stir in chopped maple-bacon.
- Heat waffle iron. Spray with nonstick spray. For each waffle, pour ¼ of batter on iron, leaving space around edges, and bake.
- Serve waffles topped with Lingonberry Syrup and small scoop of Orange-Pecan Butter. Serve with maple-bacon slices.
- In small saucepan, combine maple syrup and lingonberries.
- Let simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set two sticks of butter out to soften and Chop pecans.
- In mixer, add butter, pecans and orange zest and juice .
- Whip until all ingredients are well combined.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.