Maple-Glazed Smoked Canadian Bacon Musubi Bento
- 1 oz oil
- 16 oz ½-in slices Smoked Canadian Bacon
- 4 oz maple syrup
- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked and warm
- 1 oz rice wine vinegar
- 4 sheets roasted seaweed
- 8 oz pickled Japanese vegetables
- 1 oz togarashi (spicy dried chile powder)
- 4 oz prepared mayonnaise
- 2 oz prepared uni sauce
- 1 oz toasted sesame seeds
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Heat sauté pan on medium-high.
- Add oil and heat until hot.
- Place bacon in pan, and sear on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in maple syrup, and turn heat down to medium.
- Reduce sauce, and turn bacon every 2 minutes to glaze evenly.
- Season and glaze until maple syrup has almost evaporated into a glaze.
- Remove bacon from pan, and set aside.
- Place warm sushi rice in bowl, sprinkle with rice wine vinegar, and mix.
- Divide sushi rice into 6-piece logs.
- Neatly place piece of bacon on top of each rice log.
- Cut roasted seaweed into 2-inch-wide ribbons.
- Carefully wrap pieces of seaweed around all rice/ham combos until secured to form musubi, and arrange 3 pieces of musubi in each bento box.
- Place nicely cut assorted Japanese pickled vegetables in one of the compartments.
- Combine togarashi and prepared mayo, place in small squeeze bottle, and drizzle on top of musubi.
- Drizzle some uni sauce on top of musubi.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.