Mexican Hot Chocolate Mousse with Margherita Capicola
- 4 slices Margherita Capicola
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablet Abuelita Hot Chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp reserved bacon fat, melted
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch, Special Occasion
- Sauté capicola for about 5 minutes until crisp. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towel. Once cooled, dice 3 slices. Reserve a piece for each mousse garnish.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream and finely chopped chocolate.
- Divide among 12 dessert dishes, cover, and refrigerate, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, add cracker crumbs, sugar and bacon fat, and mix well.
- Press to ¼-inch thickness on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Garnish with capicola. Before serving, add crumbled cracker mixture.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.