Pork Chop with Artichokes, Fava Beans, and Potato Ragout Porchetta Oil
- 4, 10 oz. Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops, cooked Sous Vide
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 5 oz. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 canned artichokes, cut in halves
- 8 fava bean pods
- 1 leek stalk, white part only, medium-size dice
- 4 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- In a hot pan, toast the fennel seeds for a few seconds and brush them lightly with olive oil.
- In the same pan, add the rosemary, garlic and 4 oz. olive oil. Warm up the oil mixture and set aside.
- Sous Vide pork chop in a circulating water bath with a temperature of 125° F. 138° F.
- Cook for a couple of hours, depending on the thickness of the chop.
- While the chops are cooking, prepare the ragout by removing and blanching the fava beans. Cook potatoes in salted, simmering water until soft but firm.
- Once all the ingredients for the ragout are ready, start by sweating the leeks into a pan with the remaining oil.
- Once the leeks are translucent, increase the heat and add the potatoes, artichokes, fava beans and tomatoes. Sauté until potatoes begin to caramelize.
- Add the natural juices from the pork chop and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place a spoonful of the ragout on a plate, top with the pork chop and drizzle with the porchetta oil.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.