Pork Chop Benedict
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 oz. olive oil
Skillet Hoe Cakes
- 7 oz. coarse yellow cornmeal
- 8 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1.5 oz. granulated sugar
- 0.5 oz. baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups clarified butter
- 1 Tbsp. whole butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 oz. white distilled vinegar
- 8 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz. whole butter, melted (1 stick)
- Pinch cayenne pepper.
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chops in flour and shake off excess flour.
- Heat large skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and allow to simmer.
- Add pork chops and develop a nice crust on 1 side.
- Flip and cook to desired doneness.
Skillet Hoe Cakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients except clarified butter and whole butter in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ones and mix well; fold in clarified butter.
- In cast iron skillet, melt whole butter over medium heat.
- For each hoe cake, add 4-oz. ladle of hoe cake batter and cook until edges are set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place in oven and cook until almost set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, flip cake over and let rest 1 minute.
- In small pot, bring water, salt and vinegar to simmer.
- Crack eggs individually in small bowl and poach until desired doneness.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon and reserve.
- Vigorously whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in stainless steel bowl until mixture is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Place bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use double boiler); the water should not touch bottom of bowl.
- Continue to whisk rapidly.
- Slowly drizzle in melted butter and continue to whisk until sauce is thickened and doubled in volume.
- Remove from heat; whisk in cayenne and salt.
- Cover and place in warm spot.
- For each serving, place 1 Skillet Hoe Cake in center of plate and top with 1 Pork Chop.
- Top pork chop with 2 Poached Eggs.
- Ladle 2 oz. of Tabasco Hollandaise over eggs.
- Garnish with chopped chives and freshly cracked pepper prior to serving.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.