Pork Chop Milanese
- 2-4oz. Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ciabatta buns
- 2 Tbsp. tomatillo jam (recipe to follow)
- 4 oz. Oaxaca cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 lb tomatillos, husked, rinsed, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Sandwich
- Pound pork chops until 1/4” thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish, eggs in a separate dish, and breadcrumbs in the third.
- Dredge pork cutlet in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg mixture, then breadcrumbs.
- Fry pork until crispy and to an internal temperature of 145°
- To serve: Spread tomatillo jam on bottom buns, top with fried pork, cheese, and avocado. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Combine all ingredients in a mediums sauce pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 25 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.