Pulled Chicken Nachos
- 1 lb. Fully Cooked Pulled Chicken
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar, divided
- ¼ cup shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Spanish onion, julienned
- 2 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 can black beans
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 lb. Oaxaca cheese, grated
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Bring ½ cup of apple cider vinegar to a boil and pour over shallots to pickle.
- In a sauté pan, place honey over medium heat until slightly caramelized; add jalapeños. Continue cooking until peppers begin to release water, about 2-3 minutes. Add remaining apple cider vinegar and salt to taste and cook for additional minute. Remove from heat.
- In a small sauce pot, sauté onions and garlic until translucent. Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until alcohol has burned off.
- Add black beans, including liquid, coriander, cumin, and water to onions and garlic. Bring to a boil and blend until smooth.
- Rough chop avocadoes and place in a blender; add sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat broiler. On a cookie sheet, lay down one layer of chips, and top with half the amount of bean puree, chicken, and Oaxaca cheese. Broil for 30-45 seconds, or until cheese begins to melt. Add a second layer with remaining ingredients. Broil until golden brown. Top with pickled jalapeños and shallots.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.