Smoked Chicken and Kale Salad
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 lb curly kale
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 2 radishes
- 1 Gala apple
- 1.5 lb Curly’s by Smithfield® Smoked Pulled Chicken
- 4 oz blue cheese
- ½ cup dried raisins
- 4 fl oz Ginger Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 cups olive oil
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish, Soup/Salad
- Simmer 1 cup red quinoa with 2 cups water for 20 minutes. Drain, and cool.
- Trim, clean, and chop kale into bite-size pieces.
- Chop roasted almonds.
- Shave radishes thinly. Hold in water.
- Cut Gala apple into matchsticks.
- Pull chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Place chicken, kale, radishes, apples, almonds, blue cheese and raisins into large mixing bowl.
- For Ginger Vinaigrette, add all the ingredients, except oil, to the blender.
- Turn blender on a low setting.
- Drizzle oil in slowly.
- Once all the oil is incorporated, mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Dress salad with Ginger Vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper. Toss salad.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.