Smoked Chicken Flautas with Mexican Coleslaw
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp ground Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 14-oz package prepared coleslaw mix
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 limes juiced (about ¼ cup)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Latin Rub (recipe above)
- 1 tsp minced jalapeño (seedless)
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lb Curly’s by Smithfield® Smoked Chicken
- For Latin Rub, combine all ingredients; set aside.
- For Mexican Coleslaw, in large bowl, combine all ingredients; refrigerate.
- For Que Crema, in large bowl, combine all ingredients; refrigerate.
- For Flautas, preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F. Toss 1 Tbsp Latin Rub into chicken. Spoon mixture down center of each tortilla, then lightly roll, and toothpick closed.
- Pick up flautas with tongs, and fry for 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oil and place back on baking sheet with paper towel to absorb oil.
- Serve flautas with Mexican Coleslaw and Que Crema.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.