Reuben Egg Rolls
- 1 lb Corned Beef
- 4 oz Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup short julienned onions
- 1.5 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 12 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 to 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 qt hot fryer oil
- Hot Chinese Mustard, recipe follows
- 12 oz 1000 Island Dressing
- 4 to 6 sprigs parsley, for garnish
Hot Chinese Mustard:
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup Chinese mustard
Product:Bacon, Corned Beef
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Trim and chop corned beef into 1/4-inch diced, minced fine.
- Render bacon, and sauté onions with bacon until golden; add sauerkraut, and cook until combined. Cool thoroughly.
- Mix corned beef with sauerkraut and cheese.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers; brush sides and tops with egg whites.
- Add 1/3 cup filling at base, fold over, fold in sides, and then roll to close.
- Store lightly dusted with cornstarch.
- Deep-fry until crisp, and serve with Hot Chinese Mustard and 1000 Island Dressing. Garnish with parsley.
- For Hot Chinese Mustard, mix yellow mustard and Chinese mustard together for dip.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.