Salt & Pepper Pork Chops
- 8 Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops, pounded thin
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. Dry Sherry cooking wine
- 2 tsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tsp. crushed sea salt, divided
- 2 tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup flour
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups canola oil
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, Sherry wine, garlic and pork and marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tsp. of crushed salt, white ground pepper, cornstarch and flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- After 30 minutes, dredge the pork chops one at a time in the flour mixture and set aside on a plate.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat about 3-inches deep of oil to about 350° F.
- Add pork chops and deep-fry, turning as needed, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through. Do not overcrowd pan. Fry in batches as needed.
- With a slotted spoon, remove pork chops from pan and drain on paper towels over a baking sheet. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the frying oil.
- In the same pan over high heat, add the 2 tablespoons of reserved oil and heat until smoking hot.
- Add jalapenos, green onions and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for about 30 seconds.
- Add deep-fried pork chops and toss for about 30-40 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot with steamed rice.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.