Seared Tuscan Pork Chops
- 2 hot-boned, Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops, seasoned with sea salt and pepper
- 6 Campari tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 Tbsp. basil, fresh cut chiffonade
- 4 red-B potatoes, pre-steamed and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 pats of unsalted butter.
- Spring greens such as mâche and baby arugula or lollo rosso
- Heat a cast iron skillet. When hot, lightly brush pan with oil, then add chops.
- Cook chops until nice amber color develops, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a pre-heated sizzle plate. Tent with foil.
- Add more oil to skillet. Add the onions and caramelize for three or four minutes, then add garlic, and swirl in a few pats of butter.
- Add the quartered, cooked potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and basil. Cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes, and tomatoes start releasing their juices, reducing the heat if necessary.
- Plate the chops on a large plate, nestle the tomatoes and potatoes in front and add some spring greens behind the chops, drizzle the greens with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Add the last pats of butter and swirl and scape the pan.
- Spoon the pan juices over the pork chop and sprinkle with parsley.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.