Smoked Brisket and 5-Cheese Beer Mac
- 8 oz local amber lager
- 1 qt heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup shredded grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco®
- 1 lb Curly’s by Smithfield® Smoked Whole Beef Brisket, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, as needed
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup bias-cut green onions
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Entrée, Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat medium saucepan over medium heat, add amber lager, and reduce by half.
- Stir in heavy cream and whole milk; allow to simmer. (Do not boil.)
- Fold in each cheese one by one until fully incorporated. (Save a little cheese to sprinkle on top before baking.)
- Add Tabasco®.
- Reduce heat to low, and allow to simmer. Add half the brisket.
- For Pasta Preparation, fill medium saucepan with water, teaspoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to full rolling boil on high heat. Add elbow macaroni. Stir while returning to brisk boil, and then simmer for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Strain pasta in colander, and shock pasta with ice and cold water.
- Grease 12″ cast iron skillet with unsalted butter.
- Add pasta, and pour cheese sauce over top. Mix pasta and cheese sauce thoroughly.
- Top with breadcrumbs and other half of brisket. Sprinkle reserved cheese mixture on top, and place in oven to bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes. (The top should be golden brown and the cheese melty.) Top with green onions and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.