- 1 case Skinless Pork Belly
- 2 Pork Tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- ¾ cup Belly Rub (recipe follows)
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
Pork Belly Rub
- 2 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup paprika
- ¼ cup coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
Product:Pork Belly, Prosciutto
- Trim skin off tenderloins and then butterfly tenderloins so they can be flattened.
- Lay piece of plastic wrap over tenderloin and flatten with blunt meat mallet; then set aside.
- Lay pork bellies skin-side down on cutting board and score in diamond pattern.
- Rub inside of each belly with garlic. Mix herbs and then sprinkle approximately 2 Tbsp. herb mixture on belly along with 2 Tbsp. Belly Rub.
- Lay 1 tenderloin on top and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. herb mix and 1 Tbsp. Belly Rub.
- Lay 6 strips of prosciutto per porchetta; then roll up as tightly as possible “jelly roll” style.
- Secure with butchers twine, brush exterior with olive oil and coat outside of each roll with 2 Tbsp. Belly Rub and ¼ cup herb mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare smoker to run at 250°F with hardwood for smoke (preferably cherry or apple).
- Remove porchetta from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking; then place in smoker. Cook for 3 to 3½ hours, checking occasionally for color and temperature. (If porchetta is getting too dark, lightly cover with foil.)
- Cook until internal temperature is 170°F. Remove from oven.
- Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Slice in ¾- to 1-inch-thick slices.
- May be cooled, then sliced and heated on flat top grill to order, or for a sandwich, topped with a spicy mayo and arugula.
Pork Belly Rub
- Mix all ingredients together on plate and leave out to dry slightly.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.