Smothered Pork Chops
- 8 Bone-In Center Cut Pork Chops
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spread on a plate
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 yellow onions, trimmed, cut lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Season the pork chops well with seasoning salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Melt the butter with oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly flour the chops, shake off the excess, and slip them into the pan. Brown well, about 3 minutes per side, and move them to a plate.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the skillet, and sauté until caramelized, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about half a minute longer.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet. Add chops to pan and place vegetables on top of pork chops. Pour in the broth and sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and allow to simmer for 45 minutes or until chops are tender.
- Serve with plenty of sauce and top with onions and mushrooms. Garnish with parsley.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.