Spiced Pulled Chicken in Corn Cake with Roasted Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tsp. ground fennel seed
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 lb. pulled chicken, cooked
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems chopped and sprigs for garnish
- 5 jalapeños
- 2 cups sour cream
- 5 limes, juiced
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
Dish Type:Appetizer, Side Dish
- For corn cakes, combine corn flour, milk, cheese, spices and salt. Mix until well combined. Let sit for 20 minutes and then make 4 thin rectangles of dough.
- Season chicken, if needed, and then place into center of 2 rectangles along with scallions and chopped cilantro stems. Place other 2 rectangles on top and press to make 2 cakes.
- Char jalapeños over open flame, add to bowl and cover. Let sit 5 minutes. Remove skin and finely chop flesh and seeds. Add this to sour cream with limejuice and salt.
- Fry corn cakes in deep fryer until crispy and brown. Remove and pat dry.
- Serve with jalapeño sour cream and a few sprigs of cilantro.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.