Sweet Bacon Baked Beans
- 2 lbs. Smithfield Bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 18 oz. smoky BBQ sauce
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 3 25-oz. cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dish Type:Appetizer, Side Dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Slice bacon into 1-inch strips, and cook over medium-high heat until it’s all cooked through and crispy. Remove bacon to plate lined with paper towels. Drain off fat, but return ¼ cup of it to pan.
- Add chopped onions and garlic, and sauté until soft and slightly translucent.
- Once onions are cooked, pour in beef broth and scrape up all brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar, yellow mustard and tomato puree. Mix until everything comes together and is fully coated. Then add beans to fully coat.
- Return bacon pieces to Dutch oven, and stir until combined with beans.
- Cover Dutch oven, and place it in preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes until it’s bubbly.
- Taste for salt and pepper, and serve.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.