Turkey & Avocado Fritter
- 1 lb deli turkey, sliced
- 3 ea avocado
- 1 lb Aged cheddar, cut into 1 oz sticks
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup club soda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 quarts vegetable oil to fry
- 1 oz fresh cilantro, chopped
Yield 1 cup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ea lemon, juice
- 3 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce, pureed
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Cut and remove avocado flesh. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Lay slices of turkey, place 1 ea avocado wedge and cheese stick and roll tightly.
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup flour, buttermilk, cornstarch and club soda. Whisk to make a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat frying oil to 350°F.
- In a pan, place rest of the flour, season with salt and pepper.
- Dust turkey sticks in the flour, dip in tempura batter to coat evenly and gently place in the fryer.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes until golden color and crispy.
- Remove from the fryer, drain, cut in half at an angle, sprinkle cilantro, serve with Chipotle Aioli.
- Mix all the ingredients together, check seasoning.
To order, contact your Smithfield Farmland sales representative.