Vietnamese Breakfast Rice Bowl
- 3 cups sweet rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin
- ½ Tbsp Sriracha
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 Smithfield™ Breakfast Patties
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 4 green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of Thai basil, chiffonade
- 1 bunch of mint, chiffonade
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Rinse rice until water runs clear.
- Put rice in steamer, and steam for 15 minutes with lid on.
- After 15 minutes, lightly toss rice with salt.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, hoisin, Sriracha and pepper in small bowl, and set aside.
- Sauté patties in vegetable oil. When they’re seared on both sides, remove from pan. Add ginger and green onions, and quickly sauté to open up the fragrance, 1 minute maximum.
- Combine rice with ginger-onion mixture and soy mixture.
- In separate sauté pan, fry each egg sunny-side up.
- Place rice in 4 separate bowls, top with patties, basil, mint and cilantro.
- Top each bowl with 1 fried egg.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.