Apple-Jack Cream Sauce
- 12 golden delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 14 cups)
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons beef base
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 qt. sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Osso Buco
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
Dish Type:Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
- Combine apples and whiskey; let stand 15 minutes.
- Melt butter with beef and chicken base over medium-high heat. Add apples, whiskey and horseradish; sauté until apples are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in cider and simmer until thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through.
- To serve, ladle 4 ounces sauce on plate. Stand heated Osso Buco in center of sauce and drizzle additional 2 ounces sauce over top.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.