Backyard Barbecue Spare Ribs
- 2 slabs Spare Ribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry cola
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill.
- Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces.
- Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20-30 minutes, basting and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.