Blackberry-Jalapeño BBQ Ribs
- 1 rack St. Louis ribs, silver skin removed
- ½ cup BBQ rub
- Apple juice, as needed
- Blackberry-Jalapeño BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- 1 small carton blackberries
Blackberry-Jalapeño BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz. blackberry-jalapeño preserves
- 9 oz. BBQ sauce
Meal Course:Dinner, Lunch
- Season both sides of ribs with BBQ rub.
- Let seasoning “sweat” into meat before cooking (10-15 minutes).
- Cook, unfoiled, at 250°F, spritzing ribs with apple juice every half hour.
- Cook to desired tenderness. Rack of ribs should have a good “bend” in them but should not fall off the bone.
- Slice rack of ribs into individual bones. Mix blackberry-jalapeño preserves and BBQ sauce. Baste bone sides and sliced sides of ribs with Blackberry-Jalapeño BBQ Sauce.
- Place rib bones on shareable platter and garnish with fresh blackberries.
To order, contact your Smithfield Culinary sales representative, call 888-326-7526 or contact us for more information.